Saturday, October 2, 2010

Junior Racer Sled

Wow. If I weren't aware that this sled is little brother to several even more exotic models from the same company, I'd be inclined to think this is just about the coolest sled in the world.

Beautifully crafted out of solid swiss-grown ash, real mortised joints, nicely balanced, comfortable seat, feels like it will last forever.

In Europe, they take their sledding seriously and call this sort of sled a rodel or a luge (depending on what language you speak). Look up natural luge on youtube & it'll definitely give you some ideas about the fun you'll be able to have on this thing.

I was thinking I'd give this "junior" model to my 5-year old nephew. But now that I'm holding this thing in my hands, it's clear they weren't kidding when they said it's rated for up to 220 lbs. So I'm thinking maybe the nephew needs a few more years to grow into it - and that just maybe his uncle should spend some time with it in the meantime, learning the ins & outs of what this thing can do.If you've never seen a junior racing sled before,you're in for a real treat.

junior racer sled

No comments:

Post a Comment